Monday, February 11, 2013

OWH Sketch Challenge #159

Good Monday afternoon,

Hope everyone had a good weekend.  I made a couple of cards one for OWH Sketch Challenge #159 and then I decided to try another for paper players - color challenge using Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit and Primrose Petals.  I had the colored card stock and one ink pad - Midnight Muse - so my challenge was on.  I really like Midnight Muse and Primrose Petals and Summer Starfruit is my least favorite color --(all three colors are on the bold side and demand their attention) so I tried to work into the card -- not sure of the outcome (let me know what you think).

I used the OWH sketch for both but turned the sketch for the paper players card and moved the sentiment a bit.  Enjoy the rest of the week and get ready for this weekends VCMP with OWH.

Blessings,

Sharon

Operation Write Home Challenge - I used  SU Sentiment Vintage Verses and
By the Tide for the image. 




paper players color challenge - SU sentiment - Short & Sweet, the butterfly
Papillion Potpourri and the image is Serene Silhouettes

5 comments:

Marcie Lovett said...

Love the fish card! I never would have thought of putting those elements together.

Ann Schach said...

Both cards are awesome, Sharon! I love the texture! You did an excellent job of using the challenge colors! I love the layered label and the border. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Linda said...

I agree with Marcie...love that fish image...tfs!!!

Brian King said...

Such a wonderful way to incorporate the colors from the challenge, Sharon! Thank you for playing along with The Paper Players this week.

Marlene Diefendorf said...

Terrific cards Sharon... but the fish card is a big WOW! Love all the texture and interest shown in your use of embossing folders. Love your takes on the OWH sketch challenge. Thanks for playing!