Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Final Cards for VCMP

Good Evening --

Well I managed to finish my remaining two challenges and OWH Design Bootcamp creating Focal Points.

Challenge #5 - Disappearing Act with Sketch 63 -- I had to finish the five cards from the sheet of 12 x 12 paper.  Well -- I didn't cut things out of the 12 x 12 for all of the background DP to be the same size -- so a couple of my cards vary a bit.  I also added another later of dark brown and I think I like it looks better than my first one I did.  I also removed the recycled strip of cup holder - as the browns would have clashed.  If you look close at the picture you can see some of the differences.

Sentiment: Fiskars Latte Love
Coffee cup from SU Framelits Holiday Collection
Card Stock:  SU Cajun Craze,  DP:  SU Comfort Cafe
Challenge #10 - Glitz and Glam (without Glitter).   I am also going to using this one for the OWH Design Bootcamp.  Let me know what you think -- my intended focal point is the dress form with the dress.

When putting this card together, it took me back to a time when I was a youngster (that was many years ago LOL) when paper dolls were popular -- making the little black dress was fun.


Dress Form & Dress from Framelits SU : Dress Up
Sentiment:  SU - You're a Gem
Ranger Foil Tape used on dress form
Accessorie:  Stash of bling, black tulle and
flower made from crepe paper with red bling

Thanks for stopping in -- I will be doing the random draw for those that commented on my blog for the President's Day VCMP and will post the winner tomorrow evening.  The random drawing for posting a card will be on February 26th.  Good luck to all.

Blessings,


Sharon

2 comments:

Paula S. said...

Hi Sharon!

The pop of red in the flower, the shiny silver and all the wonderful details in the dress definitely grab my attention and the way you shadowed the sentiment is super. The Quatrefoil is absolutely the perfect embossing folder for the dress too!

Both the dress form and the ribbon/sentiment are strong elements and except for the red accents they feel almost 'equal' in weight. My eye automatically separates the design into a left and right side so the one thing I would suggest is that an element be added that connect the left and right sides of the design. A simple red oval placed under the dress form, that also tucks in behind the sentiment would be enough to create a connection between the two and add just enough impact to give a bit more weight to the dress form side of the design.

Thanks for sharing this with everyone and for joining in the February Bootcamp!

Kaylee Snyder said...

So cute, Sharon. I love the tulle border. Your dress reminds me of paper dolls too! What a fun memory. I love the bright flower and red bling necklace. Thanks for joining the VCMP 'Glitz and Glam' challenge.