Saturday, September 1, 2012

OWH Stars & Stamps VCMP Challenges

Good Sunday Afternoon -- I am just adding to yesterday's challenges and post.    Today I've managed to complete two cards -- I can't believe how much time these are taking today -- but loving every minute.  :-)

I finished yesterday's challenge for Triple Time Stamping.  Today I did the Sketch Challenge #136 and the challenge was to use punches for the embellishments.  I also incorporated the sketch challenge with "Christmas is for Kids" challenge -- I got two for one -- yeah!!!!

Thanks for stopping in -- now on to hopefully complete a couple more cards.

Sharon



Good Afternoon (Saturday)

I've been doing my best to stay up with the challenge today.  I love challenges.  :-)  In between making cards I've been cleaning house, doing laundry, trying to view all the wonderful cards that have been posted and leave a comment, etc.

Hope everyone is having a fun day too.  I know I am -- I'm going to post what I have finished and will be back with more as the challenges are revealed.

Have fun,

Sharon

This is for the first challenge from Our Daily Bread Designs.  We were to make
a card with either a Scripture verse or an uplifting quote or sentiment.  Lucky me
I purchased a new stamps set from SU and it had a Scripture verse -- yeah!! - I did a new
technique for me called "stained glass" -- I made this a few days ago in hopes I
might be able to use it in this weekends challenge.  I thought the stained glass look
would go well with the Scripture too.

This card is for the second challenge at Cherie's Corner of the World.  She gave us a
recipe of:  1 image - 2 patterned papers - and three words.  I made this masculine trying
to use up the two 12 x 12 DP I started using making this Wednesday's Throwdown challenge.
This the card for the Triple Time Stamping.  I used eggplant as the color of
the ink as well as the card stock.  I embossed the sentiment and added
a couple of rows of ribbon and a little piece of lace for some added texture and interest.

This card is for the third challenge at Cindy's Card Co.  Her theme is
Snowflakes but not Christmas.  So here is my rendition.





Here is the sketch challenge #136


This card is for sketch Challenge #136 and to use punches as well as for Christmas  is for Kids
I flipped the sketch and made a little mantle to hang the stockings.  I used
a retired punch from SU -- lots of little pieces to glue together .

13 comments:

Marilyn's Cricut Crafts said...

Your cards are fantastic! Love each one of them. I need to take a second look at the stain glass technique.

Cindy's Card Co said...

Your cards are beautiful. I especially like the snowman, gee I wonder why.

BobbisTreasure said...

LOVE the watercolor background! You are right, it is perfect for this card!!!

Donna Hanley said...

Three lovely cards. That stained glass came out beautiful and does go so well with a scripture. Great masculine card with the bike and your snowman sending wishes from the heart is just precious. A lot of great work going on in your craft room.

Cherie said...

Wonderful cards, Sharon, especially the recipe one! I do the same thing with my papers, try to use them up before cutting into a new piece. Thanks for playing along.

Unknown said...

Great cards. Love the idea of turning sketch sideways. Great take on the sketch.

Jen M said...

Super cards, Sharon! Your triple stamping card knocked my socks off! That is gorgeous!

BobbisTreasure said...

Way to go!! Great variety of cards.

Linda said...

Gorgeous group of card...I think my fav is the snowman one...you embellies on all cards are perfect! Thanks for sharing!!!

Sybrina K said...

Oh my gosh, the details in all of your cards are just amazing! Looking at the tags and floss bows, the different papers used on the stockings, the little strings and beads holding up the stockings... Wow! Each card is a true work of heart.

Thanks so much for playing along with the VCMP challenges, including this Christmas is for Kids one.

Meredith said...

Cute, cute! I think bicycles must be 'in'! I used one for the recipe challenge too! You make lovely cards, thanks for sharing!

Donna said...

All great cards! Thank you for playing along!

Julie said...

All these cards are awesome, Sharon! The stockings on the mantel for your sketch card is just brilliant! I love it! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!