Monday, July 16, 2012

OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge 129 and Wednesday's Throwdown Challenge - Christmas in July

Good Monday Morning,

Seems like I am running behind this week -- we were out of town for a few days this past week - as fun as that is - I am glad to be home -- working to get caught up on household chores and all of the OWH challenges.  :-)  

Sunday's sketch was interesting for me -- as simple as it was I found myself pondering what I wanted to create with it.  I made one Christmas card and two birthday cards using this sketch.  I also completed today another Christmas card I started on Wednesday for Wednesday's challenge.

It was cloudy here in the desert on Sunday (we don't get too many cloudy days) - so that helped me work on Christmas - I kept thinking it was  cold outside with the clouds -- when in fact it was well in the high 90's.   This morning it is a bit cooler - just 72 so far.  Anyway -- I hope you all have a great week.  Thanks for stopping in - I really appreciate your comments.

Thanks,

Sharon


I used a retired SU stamp (Scenic Season) for the trees and sentiment - I took the liberty and added  
some ribbon to add a little more sparkle.  This would also work for our Wednesday's challenge

I used SU new stamp set (Reason to Smile) and card stock on these two cards.  I
embossed the two darker panels with the embossing folder Elegant Bouquet, however
it doesn't show up very well in the photos.


This card is for Wednesday's challenge - Christmas in July I used the bonus sketch no. 31
(shown below) that was used in the July 4th Blog hop.  

 

7 comments:

Sherry Hickey said...

Hi Sharon, these are all so beautiful I can't pick a favorite but those golden trees & ribbon on the 1st card are stunning! Great job!!

Julie said...

Great cards, Sharon! I love how you stamped across all three panels with the Christmas trees. So pretty. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Jen M said...

These are very pretty, Sharon! I really like your birthday cards.

Linda said...

Beautiful cards! So crisp!!! Super great stuff! TFS!!!

Mary Ski said...

Great cards - all of them - but I especially like those golden trees. They are wonderful!

Margaret said...

Beautiful cards. I love the way you did the Christmas card.

Donna Hanley said...

Love these cards. You first card has one of my most favorite images on it. Your second and third cards do have a very nice warm feel to them. The last card is just stunning.