Tuesday, January 24, 2012

OWH Sketch Challenge #105

Good Tuesday morning - actually it is now late afternoon -- (I started on this this AM)

I was going to post on Sunday but my pictures turned out yellow -- and I didn't have any real good sunshine until this morning.    I struggle with these photos  -- the cards appear skewed and/or yellowed.  That will be my next task -- learning to take better pictures.  I should consult my granddaughter -- she's taking photography as one of her college courses.  Maybe she will give her ole grandma a few good tips. :-)

I did two cards for this challenge  - one just as the sketch shows and the second I made adding some well worn/grunge or vintage to the card.  I used my new puppy Boston Terrier stamp from Dragon Fly Laser.  I think his little face says it all.

I have also included a card for last Wednesday's Challenge.  (Better late than never)  We were to make a card with black and white then add a touch of another color.  I CASEd this card from something I saw in a magazine sometime last year.  I found this stamp during my summer travels and thought it would be fun for this challenge.  (Both stamps on this card are from Hero Arts)

Well I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week.  Not sure about everyone else -- but I have to put my cards aside a few days this week and finish up income tax stuff -- ugh -- would much rather work on my cards.



This is the regular sketch card.  The DP is from  Colorbok - French Prep and the card
stock from S.U.  The sentiment stamp is from Hero Arts and the Boston Terrier is from dragonflylaser.

This is the sketch card that has the worn or grunge /vintage look added.  
The sentiment stamp is from Impression Obsession.  


Last Wednesday's Challenge Card

9 comments:

SusanS said...

Oh the doggie cards are adorable! I like the colors that you used. I think the second one is my fav; I like the lace with the ribbon. Very nice.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, Sandy, both cards are just too cute!

Linda said...

Awesome cards! You should have posted the pic of the second card cause it is totally sick (as the kids say for something uber good!
TFS!!!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Ohhh, just love all of your cards. The Boston Image is adorable and your black and white with a little color is wonderful. Love everything about it from the punch border to the silhouette image.

Donna Hanley said...

All three are terrific. Love that doggie face and your second card and it's sentiment is wonderful.

Lee Mae said...

Love those doggie cards! He (or she!) is just adorable!

I really like the rows of paper lace on your color challenge card and the silhouette image. Silhouettes are so striking and this one is really cute with the children and their dog. Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown Challenge at Operation Write Home Stars and Stripes!
~Lee Mae
Operation Write Home
MWT Assistant

Dixie Cochran said...

These cards are terrific! I especially love that Boston image. Too cute!

Paula S. said...

Great group of cards ! The dog is adorable and I love that you did two versions. The miss you tag on the kicked-up version is terrific and what a sweet silhouette on the MWT card. Super job!

Paula S.
OWH Blog Team
operationwritehome.org

Julie said...

Great cards all three! I just love the little 'miss you' tag on your second sketch card! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!