Sunday, June 12, 2011

OWH Stars and Stamps Sketch Challenge #73

Good Sunday afternoon.  It is getting warmer here in the desert and we are lovin' it.  I worked on a couple of cards today.  The angle on this sketch was interesting - I think tomorrow I am going to do some more cards and try to use up the scraps I created today making these two cards :-)


The red, black and white card I used Jenni Bowlin Red /Black paper.  The sentiment is a sticker from 7 Gypsies and I am unsure of the manufacturer of the bird image. The black cardstock was enhanced with a Martha Stewart lace punch.   I added a button and a black feather for fun. 

The fishin' card I used Karen Foster plaid paper for the bottom and  the top I used paper from American Traditional Designs, Great Outdoors.  The sentiment is a stamp from Impression Obsession, Inc.  For fun on this card I added a real "fly hook" for the embellishment.


Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and have a fun crafting week.

11 comments:

Nancy Keller said...

Ohmygosh! I love both of these! But I lve fishing . . . and that fish card just really takes the cake. Way to go! Thank you for sharing!!!

Jennifer said...

love both cards....the fishing one is totally cool though. My dad would love that card :)

Linda said...

my husband is a fly fisherman and fly tyer...he would totally love this! I'll have to try to find some similar paper! TFS

Donna Hanley said...

Sharon, both of these cards a great. I love the little feather for the bird card and the papers go just beautifully together. The fishin card just made me smile. I love plaid paper for maxculine cards and the fish paper is fabulous. The fly hook is just perfect, of course. Thank you for sharing, have a great day.

Linda said...

Super cards, Love the colors in the first and the bird image. The fishing card totally rocks and is now my fav creation of this sketch!

Linda said...

Super cards, Love the colors in the first and the bird image. The fishing card totally rocks and is now my fav creation of this sketch!

Julie said...

Great cards! They are both cute but my favorite is the polka dots! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Louise Fox said...

Both wonderful cards, but I especially like the fishing card. I know I will be purchasing the DP with the fish. (My husband and I both love to fish.)It makes such a handsome masculine card! Impressive!

Jen M said...

Both are totally fab! Love love love the black and red card!

Carol L said...

One for the ladies and one for the gentlemen - these are both great cards for OWH! I love the fishing lure on and how you colored it to look so real!

Paula S. said...

Nice job with the OWH sketch. The fish and plaid combo is great together an di like how you created a coordinated embellishment with the fishing fly. Great masculine design!